Diabetes Update for Health Professionals
We are committed to ensuring health professionals have access to the most up-to-date information on diabetes management.
Our diabetes update study day is suitable for:
- enrolled and registered nurses
- allied health professionals.
After taking part in the study day you will have an increased understanding of diabetes and the services available to your patients. The study day is hosted by credentialled diabetes educators. At the end of our study day you will be able to:
- understand your patients’ perspectives of the pathophysiology of diabetes
- identify diabetes risk factors, common signs and symptoms, and diagnostic criteria
- identify the types of diabetes and implications for management
- review blood glucose monitoring and target ranges
- identify the implications of stress for diabetes management
- review medications and insulin regimens
- review and recommend general nutrition and physical activity strategies for diabetes management
- recognise and communicate short-term complications of diabetes and the need for awareness and management of hypoglycaemia
- recognise and communicate the long-term complications of diabetes and the need for risk management
- discuss the role of the National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS).
This update attracts CPD points. You will be able to apply for these after the session and will be provided with a certificate of attendance.
The diabetes update runs for one full day, from 9am to 5pm.
What do I need to bring?
Please bring a pen and notepad for your personal note taking. Refreshments are provided.
To make an online booking please check our calendar of events to see when this course is next running.
If you have any queries about our training courses please email our training team or call 1300 001 880.