Programs and Services
Diabetes Telehealth Endocrinology Clinics
This service has been developed in consultation with medical professionals in the regions to address a gap in endocrinology support for those living with diabetes in regional and remote Western Australia.
The Telehealth appointments are conducted by Endocrinologist Dr Gerry Fegan from the Diabetes WA Subiaco office. The clinic operates on the fourth Wednesday of each month. Patients link in from a local WACHS facility, GP surgery or their home via Scopia or Skype. Diabetes WA provides full administrative support and help setting up video conferencing capabilities at your practice, with no additional equipment required.
Referral to the service
Medical practitioners can refer directly into the Diabetes Telehealth Endocrinology Service by sending a referral form addressed to Dr Fegan at Diabetes WA via:
Post Diabetes Telehealth Endocrinology Service, PO Box 1699, Subiaco WA, 6904
Fax Attention Diabetes Telehealth Endocrinology Service: 08 9221 1183
- Diabetes WA will contact your practice to confirm receipt of the referral and request any further documentation. All referrals will be triaged by our Telehealth Diabetes educators.
- If the patient has not been seen by a local diabetes educator, it is preferred that they be reviewed by a Telehealth Diabetes educator prior to their appointment. Please advise on the referral form if this service is required so that an appointment can be arranged.
- All patients will be bulk-billed with no out-of-pocket expenses.
- MBS item numbers are available for medical practitioners, nurse practitioners, practice nurses and Aboriginal health workers to claim for clinical support provided to their patients during video consultations with specialists. Clinical attendance at the video consult with the patient is welcomed by our Telehealth service. Please see the attached sheet for further information on MBS items available.
Download more information:
For more information, please contact:
- Telehealth project manager Gill Denny on 08 9436 6279 or Gill.Denny@diabeteswa.com.au
- Telehealth support officer Anthea Mayer on 08 9436 6241 or Anthea.Mayer@diabeteswa.com.au