Healthy lifestyle programs
Walking Away from Diabetes is a free interactive group education program for people who are at risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Facilitated by two trained educators, this three hour program helps you to explore and understand your risk of developing type 2 diabetes in the future. By the end of the program you will be able to identify simple changes and strategies you can put in place to help you lower that risk.
Walking Away gives you the chance to:
- discuss your thoughts and feelings around your level of risk
- develop a better understanding of type 2 diabetes and blood glucose
- understand how your current level of risk is affecting your long-term health
- learn what factors contribute to your level of risk
- learn how physical activity and healthy eating can lower your risk.
Walking Away is run at different times throughout the year. If you are interested in attending, please email our Walking Away team or call us on 1300 001 880.