Baked Apple with Berries
A seasonal, low-fat dessert to be enjoyed with family and friends!
To Prep: 10 minutes
To Cook: 45 minutes
300g frozen mixed berries
4 cardamom pods
140g natural yoghurt (low fat)
2 teaspoons honey
- Place berries in fine sieve set over small bowl, cover; thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F
- Core unpeeled apples about three-quarters of the way down from stem end, making hole 4cm (1½ inches) in diameter. Use small sharp knife to score around circumference of each apple. Make small deep cut in base of each apple; insert one cardamom pod into each cut.
- Pack three-quarters of the berries firmly into apples; place apples in small baking dish. Bake, uncovered, about 45 minutes or until apples are just tender.
- Meanwhile, mash remaining berries with a fork in small bowl; stir in yoghurt and honey.
- Serve apples with yoghurt mixture.