Asian Green Triangles
This recipe is a healthier alternative to your party treats and pastries. These tasty filo parcels contain a herb and ricotta filling and have less kilojoules and fat than many other fried appetizers or snacks.
1 bunch baby bok choy
1 brown onion
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon low-salt soy sauce
1 tablespoon fresh basil
150g low-fat ricotta
12 sheets filo pastry
- Place thinly sliced bok choy, finely diced onion, crushed garlic, soy sauce, chopped basil and ricotta cheese in a bowl. Mix until well combined
- Lay one sheet filo pastry on the bench and fold lengthways into thirds
- Spoon some of the mixture onto the top of the pastry strip. Fold pastry over to form a triangle and continue folding the pastry strip
- Place triangle on a lightly greased tray. Continue to create filo triangles with the ricotta mixture, using a new sheet of filo each time
- Lightly spray triangles with canola oil before baking in a moderate oven, 180C, for 10 minutes, or until golden brown
Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company
Filo pastry is much lighter and contains less fat than average pastries. Using filo pastry instead of normal pastry can help to decrease kilojoules, total fat and saturated fat. Don’t forget your portion size is still very important for overall health.