Be part of our team
We employ some bright minds at Diabetes WA, and we are always on the lookout for more – whether they be employees, volunteers or fundraisers.
Our team is a dynamic group of individuals, dedicated to the cause of improving the lives of those affected by diabetes. For many of us, that cause is also a personal one. Almost half of us are affected by diabetes in some way, whether that be living with the condition or caring for a spouse or loved one with the condition.
Diabetes WA is a leading not-for-profit health organisation, providing support, education and programs to thousands of Western Australians at risk of, or affected by, diabetes. The team at Diabetes WA is a dynamic group of individuals, working within a caring and empowering culture, dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by the condition.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and professional individual to join our small finance team within the corporate services division. Reporting to the Corporate Services General Manager, you will be responsible for providing operational support to the finance team and processing the transactional areas of the finance function. This position is part-time, ideally 22.5 hours per week with flexible hours (i.e. school hours) considered for the right candidate. This role is contracted until 6 April 2018 initially. Diabetes WA has a broad range of employee benefits and salary sacrifice options adding further value to annual salaries depending on individual tax circumstances.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Complete all aspects of accounts payable and receivable functions, including preparing and processing invoices and credit card statements, preparing creditors listings and payment files, preparing reports and reconciliations, monitoring the accounts payable and receivable ledgers, checking purchase orders, issuing credit notes
- Process banking tasks, including counting, receipting and banking funds and preparing reports and processing invoices.
- Provide general administration support to the corporate services team, including reception cover and support, filing, data-entry, record-keeping and database maintenance.
- Attend to internal and external queries, issues and overdue payments as required.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A minimum of 1-2 years practical experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in a range of accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll tasks.
- Experience using MYOB Exo (desirable).
- Qualification in a related field (e.g. Diploma in Business or Accounting) is desirable.
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector is desirable.
If you are a team player and capable individual looking for a hands-on role within a supportive team environment, please submit your resume and cover letter addressed to Sarah Saolele, Human Resources Coordinator by 5.00pm on Sunday 22nd October 2017.
Please note Diabetes WA requires all employees provide a National Police Certificate and Working with Children Check (if applicable to position) upon commencement of employment.
Diabetes WA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Diabetes WA encourages people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from CALD backgrounds and people living with disabilities.