Be part of our team
We employ some bright minds at Diabetes WA, and we are always on the lookout for more – whether they be employees, volunteers or fundraisers.
Our team is a dynamic group of individuals, dedicated to the cause of improving the lives of those affected by diabetes. For many of us, that cause is also a personal one. Almost half of us are affected by diabetes in some way, whether that be living with the condition or caring for a spouse or loved one with the condition.
Work for us
Diabetes WA is a medium sized organisation with a caring and intimate culture and teams that work closely together. Our culture is the key to our positive working environment, which in turn supports our staff in achieving their career goals.
Career progression is important to us, and we provide group and individual training and development opportunities that enable this.
Why join us?
There are many benefits to working for us.
As a public benevolent institution, we are exempt from paying fringe benefits tax when offering salary packaging to our employees. This means employees are able to salary sacrifice a portion of their salary towards FBT expense payment benefits and meal and accommodation expenses, subject to income and tax conditions.
Diabetes WA is affiliated with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia Workplace Banking program, where employees can access exclusive banking and lifestyle benefits.
Diabetes WA is affiliated with HBF where employees can access HBF’s corporate benefits, including discounted insurance options.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
We offer our employees:
- Professional development opportunities to support their performance in current and future roles
- Study support options
- Regular skills training sessions
- Reward and recognition programs
- Lunch & Learn information sessions
- Volunteering opportunities, such as at kids camps and expos
We understand the importance of finding a work/life balance and actively promote this by offering:
- Flexible working options to accommodate personal timetables
- Part time and job-share opportunities
- Three additional paid annual leave days (discretionary bonus days) pro-rated over the Christmas and New Year period*
- Flexibility to apply for Personal Leave on days where personal or family matters may take priority.
We encourage a healthy, balanced lifestyle by providing:
- Free Diabetes WA membership which includes a range of discounts and other offers
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Invitations to attend free Diabetes WA education sessions
- Participation opportunities for healthy lifestyle activities such as Run for a Reason and mental health week
- Our Subiaco office includes shower facilities, bike racks and lockers
CARING & COLLABORATIVE CULTURE
We foster a caring and healthy office culture by providing:
- Access to free counselling services through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Various social events throughout the year including the popular Christmas function
- Quarterly Staff Meetings where our executive management team openly communicate current achievements, strategies and challenges of the organisation.
- Diabetes WA runs an online confidential Employee Survey every year. The results are used to improve our workplace and employee satisfaction.