Programs and Services
Yarn Up sessions involve Aboriginal people coming together to learn about the seriousness of diabetes and the ways in which it can be prevented and managed.
Yarn Up sessions are interactive group presentations targeted to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander audiences within an organisation or community setting.
In running these sessions, we hope to increase people’s knowledge and understanding of diabetes and, importantly, show them how to access information, resources and diabetes services.
The presentations are delivered by one of our employees, and make use of the interactive Feltman tool. The presentations cover topics including:
- What is diabetes? Why is it serious?
- Why, if I am an Aboriginal person, am I at risk of type 2 diabetes?
- How to prevent diabetes.
- How to make healthy food choices.
- Why health checks are so important.
- Where to go for further information.
To book a presentation or to find out more email our aboriginal health team contact or call 1300 136 588.