Programs and Services
Our team of our qualified credentialled diabetes educators and accredited practising dietitians are available for private consultations.
Our credentialled diabetes educators can help you with:
- better diabetes management
- self-blood glucose monitoring
- oral hypoglycaemic agents
- insulin initiation and titration
- sick day rules
- hypoglycaemia recognition and management
- problem solving for fluctuations in blood glucose levels
- understanding how nutrition influences blood glucose control
- understanding the benefits of physical activity.
Our accredited practising dietitians can provide you with a nutritional assessment and advice tailored to your individual needs. They can also improve your knowledge on:
- the influence of nutrition on blood glucose control
- carbohydrate counting and information
- weight management
- blood lipid management
- related health issues (for example, coeliac disease)
- complication management (for example, gastroparesis)
- hypoglycaemia recognition and management.
Speak with your GP about including these private consultations in your care plan.
A private consultation costs $62.95. For those who are eligible, Medicare provides a rebate of $52.95, leaving a gap payment of $10.
For those who hold a Health Care or Pension care, a private consultation is $52.95. Medicare covers the whole fee for these card holders
Private consultations are free for those who hold a Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Card.
For more information or to book a private consultation, call us on 1300 136 588.