Be part of our team
We employ some bright minds at Diabetes WA, and we are always on the lookout for more – whether they be employees, volunteers or fundraisers.
Our team is a dynamic group of individuals, dedicated to the cause of improving the lives of those affected by diabetes. For many of us, that cause is also a personal one. Almost half of us are affected by diabetes in some way, whether that be living with the condition or caring for a spouse or loved one with the condition.
Work for us
Diabetes WA is a medium sized organisation with a caring and intimate culture and teams that work closely together. Our culture is the key to our positive working environment, which in turn supports our staff in achieving their career goals.
Career progression is important to us, and we provide group and individual training and development opportunities that enable this. In 2013 these opportunities enabled 15% of our staff to receive a promotion.
Why join us?
There are many benefits to working for us.
As a public benevolent institution we are exempt from paying fringe benefits tax when offering salary packaging to our employees. This means employees are able to package up to $15,900 of their salary towards benefits to reduce their taxable income. This can be put towards mortgages and loan repayments, rent payments and an employee debit card (some fees apply).
We understand the importance of finding a work/life balance and actively promote this by offering:
- part time and job-share opportunities
- flexible working options
- study leave
- subsidised car parking
- three additional paid annual leave days
(discretionary bonus days) pro-rated over the
Christmas and New Year period*
- office shut down over Christmas period.*
We encourage a healthy, balanced lifestyle by providing:
- free Diabetes WA membership which includes a range of discounts and other offers
- shower facilities, bike racks and lockers
- free annual flu vaccinations
- invitations to attend free Diabetes WA education
- participation opportunities for healthy lifestyle
activities, events and programs
- fully equipped staff kitchen
- health promotion programs.
We foster a caring and healthy office culture by providing:
- pleasant working environment with modern office
- offices close to public transport
- various social events throughout the year
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
We offer our employees:
- learning and development opportunities to support their performance in current and future roles
- Lunch & Learn information sessions
- recognition of achievements
- involvement in internal and external working groups
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)*
- volunteering opportunities.
SAFE AND HEALTHY OFFICE ENVIRONMENT
Diabetes WA is committed to continuous improvement in the area of occupational health and safety to ensure our staff can work in a safe and comfortable environment every day.
Our WorkSafe Plan provides a systematic way of measuring how well safety and health is being managed in the organisation. As part of this plan, we have developed comprehensive policies and are continually developing
We listen to our staff
Diabetes WA runs an online confidential Employee Satisfaction Survey every year, and we use the results to improve our workplace.
For example, the information gathered in previous surveys led to the development of a range of internal communication systems, and the implementation of a quarterly staff recognition award.
The 2013 Employee Satisfaction Survey has also provided encouraging feedback regarding general staff morale, with 98% of responding staff members either agreeing or strongly agreeing with the statement “I am proud to work for Diabetes WA” and 100% of staff either agreeing or strongly agreeing with the statement “I am passionate about reducing the impact and risk of diabetes in WA”.
For more general information about working with Diabetes WA please email our human resources team.